XAFS

작성일 : 21-05-22 11:27
2021년 6월 8일(화) 오후 4시 온라인 XAFS 국제 학술 발표회 안내
 글쓴이 : 한상욱
조회 : 791  
안녕하세요.

2020년 초부터 시작된 코로나 펜데믹으로 인하여 일상생활 뿐만 아니라 연구활동에도 큰 지장을 받고 있습니다. 많은 국제 학회들이 국제학술발표회 개최를 미루거나 온라인 발표로 바꾸면서, 연구자들의 직접적인 교류와 정보 교환에 많은 제한을 받고 있습니다. 국제 XAFS 학회에서도 코로나로 인하여 학술활동의 위축을 심각한 문제로 인식하고, 2020년 봄에 Prof. Jerry Seidler 주관 하에 Global XAS Journal Club(매주 월과 목요일 1시간 온라인 발표)을 통하여 연구자들 간의 학술적인 교류와 연구활동에 도움을 주려는 노력을 이어오고 있습니다. 그런데, 미국과 한국 간의 시차로 인하여 미국에서 주관하는 발표에 아시아와 호주 그리고 유럽 과학자들의 참여에 어려움이 있어서 유럽-아시아/오세아니아 과학자들을 위한 XAS Journal Club을 만들었고, 오는 2021년 6월 8일 오후 4시(서울 시간)에 첫 온라인 발표회를 가질 예정입니다.
XAS Journal Club에 대한 안내는 Prof. Asakura와 Dr. Abe가 보내온 아래 이메일을 참고하기 바랍니다.

Dear Chris, Hao Ming, and Prof. Han,

I am happy to announce the first XAS Journal Club Europe and Asia _Oceania organized by Hitoshi Abe. 
First lecture is now planned to be given on June 8th 16:00 JST by Prof. Toshihiko Yokoyama
Title
Precise EXAFS approaches to invar alloys and negative thermal expansions

I would like you to distribute this information on your network.  Future schedule is attached.  It is held on Tuesday biweekly between Europe and Asia-Oceania. (once a month from Asia-Oceania)
Could you please give us the kind suggestion for future speakers with their topics and their mail address.

Information on XAS Journal Club, Europe and Asia-Oseania
I am happy to announce you to launch the XAS Journal Club, Europe and Asia-Oeania.  It corresponds to Global XAS Journal Club every Thursday.  It is a very nice event though it is midnight in Asia Oceania region.  We launch another XAS Journal Club for convenience of Asia_Oceania region in collaboration with Europe.    It will be held on every other Tuesday (biweekly).  We are going to merge the genuine Global XAS Journal Club after the Asia_Oceanian verson gets on the right track. 

The first lecture will be given on June 8 th 16;00 JST by Prof. Toshihiko Yokoyama(IMS, Japan)
The title is Precise EXAFS approaches to invar alloys and negative thermal expansions

We hope all of you make registration through the following g-form and join the meeting.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScyZVGEpGgFaAnMMk_ztaoasFrSx4nZ9fl1Ym_v8uVKiQZIlQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

We also need your recommendation for future speakers.  (his/her name, mail address and expected topics)

Thank you for your kindness in advance.
Best regards
Kiyotaka Asakura and Hitoshi Abe